Welcome to the newest generation of High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) devices- a non-surgical option, exclusive to medical clinics, for the safe removal of unwanted fat cells.
Health Canada approved for treatment of localised fat deposits of
- Waist and flanks (love handles & muffin top)
- Hips & Buttocks
- Thighs (saddle bags, inner thighs, banana roll beneath the buttocks)
The Liposonix device generates high intensity ultrasound beams that are brought to a focus at a predetermined depth below the skin surface, causing a localised rise in temperature, which in turn destroys the targeted fat cells, ablating a band of fatty tissue about 0.8cms in width. These damaged fat cells are then ‘mopped up’ by white cells over the next 8-12 weeks, as the fat cells are flushed out, the treated area undergoes shrinkage.
Studies of 200 cases revealed an average waist reduction of 1 inch (some persons noting reductions of up to 5cms) with one treatment. A second treatment can be carried out if required at 12 weeks.
Treatment is performed in office
Ideal candidates for treatment are
- at or near their ideal body weight, with localized fat deposits in the above areas
- the adipose tissue to be treated must be at least 1 inch thick
- do not have any large surgical scars in the proposed treatment area
- do not have rolls of fat in the treatment zone